Anyone Leave Society??

Here you can discuss anything relating to the movie Into The Wild
Bre

Re: Anyone Leave Society??

Postby Bre » Tue May 21, 2013 2:26 am

I have not done anything like this but I can see why Chris did .
Chris resented his parents and money . Chris thought that the only way to get out of this situation was to
destroy everything he owned including the relationship with his family . Although Chris had a good relationship with his sister but
he didn't want to risk her telling there parents about what he was doing .

Drifter at Heart

Postby Drifter at Heart » Thu Jun 27, 2013 3:31 pm

Looking at picture of Chris over my laptop, this has been something I've been wanting to do even before I saw "Into the Wild." I've always had "happy feet" or "restless legs" to want to roam with a backpack on and walking stick in hand. Probably since the early 90s, after I graduated H.S. in '93. When I saw "Into the Wild" I've just wanted to do it more. But for right now, my dreams and thoughts and imagination will have to suffice. I envy those who do this, no matter where they are. A piece of me goes with them, if they'll take it. :)

-Mark
Keep close to Nature's heart...and break clear away, once in awhile, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean. - John Muir

Lost Soul

Postby Lost Soul » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:28 am

I've left society a total of 6 times in my life.4 of those times I lived on next to nothing. I do not regret any of it. It enriched my life by giving multiple perspectives on people, life, and the world we live in. In fact I still move around a lot, but am now bound by society because of health reasons. To me the best things where the smell of the air, architecture, flora, and meeting different types of people. There are a lot of good people out there, and if you are a good person too, they will naturally gravitate towards you.

The time to venture is when you are young, because when you get older life does catch up with you. There is no way around it. Chris did it right, he went to school first, then ventured. Going to college helps nurture the skills you need to set off on an adventure. If you venture to young there is a good chance people will take advantage of you, and you will not be prepared for certain situations. There are people out there looking for young (under 20y) people. Its a dangerous road out there, but its also incredibly beautiful too. Dont be frightened, be prepared. Get school out of the way first, so later in life you have something to fall back on. Always have a backup plan, and a way out. Unfortunately Chris winged it, and it cost him in the end. Its good to be inspired by Chis' story, but also learn from his mistakes.Its not an easy world to survive in, even when you have resources.

PasoPedro

Postby PasoPedro » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:45 am

Wow, guys and MeganZ, I had no idea there were 'others' out there holding on to the same feelings like Ive kept buried deep inside. I too am older, but wanted desperately for something more from life. Have a family, house, mortgage, job.. I too just saw the movie on Saturday. I cried so hard at the end, from primal deep-rooted raw place I long lost contact with. The story is so tragically sad. I was so deeply touched by Christopher's ordeal. I could see my brother, my son, who is now the same as Christopher at the time of his death, and myself in Christopher. Our society is crazy sick and its causing all this pain in our youth and to all free spirits that can't be what they need to be. I just can't get over it. I had to get the soundtrack. It speaks to my soul. Im going to get a second copy for my brother. He suffers everyday and has a difficult time trying to manage living in our modern world. I feel so bad for him. My son is having a hard time of it as well. Guess thats in the family because I struggle too. Why can't 'they' see they are killing souls with these pompous rules and unrealistic expectations? We need to take a hard look around us, no one is happy anymore living under these confinements. It would be nice to change the world, to live in harmony with Mother Earth as we were meant to live our lives. Wholly, fully and completely.

God Bless You All!
"Our destinies are the culmination of all the choices we've made along the way, which is why it's imperative to listen hard to your inner voice when it speaks up. Don't let anyone else's noise drown it out." -Megan McCaffarty

Servicenwy

Anyone Leave Society

Postby Servicenwy » Wed Mar 30, 2016 3:43 am

I found a couple of sites last night and was wondering if anyone has heard of them one was FFI Fiberglass fabricators incorporated, and the other one was Suncoast.

Return to “Discussions on the Movie”