Favorite Scene??

Here you can discuss anything relating to the movie Into The Wild
Rigginator44

Re: Favorite Scene??

Postby Rigginator44 » Sun May 29, 2011 12:51 pm

I saw the movie last night and although there are many great scenes, my favorite is near the end when he knows his time is short and writes in one of his books that happiness is only real when shared.
That is actually a theme for all his two years of travel how he shared his life with stangers and they shared their life with him. We we created to live in community.

Kylie

Postby Kylie » Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:41 pm

My favorite scene is when he first finds the bus which as we all know is legendary. I love the music through out the whole movie. Eddie Vedder really did an incredible job. I watched this whole thing on a big screen in my home theater seats. When it ended I wished I could watch it again without knowing the story. I loved the whole thing really.

supertramp

Postby supertramp » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:54 pm

My favorite scene :

When chris paddles down the river and meets that couple. :mrgreen:

superskier

Postby superskier » Wed May 02, 2012 10:19 pm

i love the whole film.... but i have to say one of my Favourite scenes is when Hirsch is eating the apple then looks right into the camera with the apple and quotes 'the apple of my eye'... although a film adaptation with actors etc... seemed to feel really connected to mccandless and at this point his pure joy.

xxxxxx_xxx

Postby xxxxxx_xxx » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:54 am

The scene where he sees a group of galloping reindeer (?) and has tears in his eyes. Sometimes in the wilderness, something is so beautiful and awe-inspiring that one cannot help but cry tears of joy.

flow for days

Postby flow for days » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:07 pm

My favorite scene would definitley have to be near the end of the movie when Chris climbs the hill, and is on the top of the hill. When he is at the top of the hill he is conversing with Ronald Franz, a friend of his who somewhat acted as a father figure to him. After taunting Ronald for quite sometime Chris convinces him to climb up the mountain, after some struggle they both stand at the top and admire what Ronald had accomplished. This is my favorite scence because it shows us a side of Chris that isn't shown as much as it should have been through out the movie. He is a very compassionate person, and caring towards others. He is always trying to help people, and he helped Ronald here by making him realize that he still has a lot more life in him. You can do anything you set your mind to :D

David95

Postby David95 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:55 am

my favorite scene in the movie would be the part were Chris/Alex first meets Ronald Franz and just that small chunk of the movie were he creates a bond with him was very powerful while he's stays at Ron's house he makes a belt which is very symbolic in the movie and in a way very symbolic in chris's life the belt told a story which I found was very interesting I especially like the part where he get's Ron to climb the cliff and they end up having a heart to heart it really made the movie feel even more realistic

DaveyT

Postby DaveyT » Fri Dec 21, 2012 6:51 pm

For me it was hard to choose my favorite scene, I've watched this movie a couple times and it's amazing. After awhile I finally choose my favorite scene, were Chris McCandless is climbing up the mountain and he stops for a moment to look out at the view, as the camera circle's around him you see him enjoying the view and the fresh mountain air and he completely embraces his surroundings, almost like he feels right at home. Another favorite scene of mine is were Chris jumps off the cliff and into the water, he pops up out of the water with a big smile on his face, he was loving the freedom and his adventurous soul.

SladeyG

Postby SladeyG » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:02 pm

My favorite scene without question would have to be when he arrives at the beach soon after the canal ends. He stops to talk to a couple, one a shirtless woman that had no regard for anything as she is topless. The man gives Chris directions but not long after he hears the sirens of the river patrol then leaves immediately, then escapes just before the patrol sees him.

DaveyT

Postby DaveyT » Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:25 pm

For me it was hard to choose my favorite scene, I've watched this movie a couple times and it's amazing. After awhile I finally choose my favorite scene, were Chris McCandless is climbing up the mountain and he stops for a moment to look out at the view, as the camera circle's around him you see him enjoying the view and the fresh mountain air and he completely embraces his surroundings, almost like he feels right at home. Another favorite scene of mine is were Chris jumps off the cliff and into the water, he pops up out of the water with a big smile on his face, he was loving the freedom and his adventurous soul.

Return to “Discussions on the Movie”