What was Chris's mindset when he went into the Wild?

Here you can comment on the book 'Into The Wild' or any other book related to the story.
WbhsHaynes

What was Chris's mindset when he went into the Wild?

Postby WbhsHaynes » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:26 pm

Chris had a mindset of a free spirit he wanted to live and was not afraid to be alone.He sat out on his journey to prove something and he did he was happy on his journey. At the end his health took a toll for the worst and he could not get out.

Wbhscruce

Re: What was Chris's mindset when he went into the Wild?

Postby Wbhscruce » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:19 pm

When Chris set out on his journey, I think he did not really have a mindset of what to do and when to do it. I think he was just going to go until he saw something that he could sit on for a day or a month. When he needed something he would find it. He never let anyone tell him what to do. I do think he was ready to set off on his own and he did not want anyone telling him what to do because that has happened all his life.

WBHS_Stinson

Re: What was Chris's mindset when he went into the Wild?

Postby WBHS_Stinson » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:11 am

Chris wanted to live life the way he believed it should be lived. Nothing gets handed to you, things don't come easy, and you must be ready for whatever. Nobody tells you what to do and how to do it, you just go with the flow and figure things out yourself. Chris believes that life is more fun when you don't have money or things and you have to stay on your toes trying to figure out what your going to do to survive.

Return to “Discussions on the Book”