Was Gallien right?

Here you can comment on the book 'Into The Wild' or any other book related to the story.
Shall

Was Gallien right?

Postby Shall » Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:39 pm

In the book Gallien knew where the Alaska State Troopers maintained post and said he considered going and informing the authorities about Chris McCandless and his whereabouts. Do you think Gallien was right to not inform them or should he have done so? Would it have made any difference for Chris or would the outcome have been the same.
Personally I don't know if the outcome would have changed because of how determined Chris was but if I were Gallien I probably would have gone and informed the authorities

WBHShollifield

Re: Was Gallien right?

Postby WBHShollifield » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:28 pm

Yes he was right in not saying anything to the state troopers because thats nobody's business but Chris'. Chris was going to do his thing no matter what.

wbhscalvert

Re: Was Gallien right?

Postby wbhscalvert » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:34 pm

Personally, I think it wouldn't have changed anything even if Gallien had told them about Chris. Chris would have done the same thing whether or not Gallien told. Chris is a very independent person and nothing could change the way he felt about this adventure.

Return to “Discussions on the Book”