This book made me reevaluate my life.

Here you can comment on the book 'Into The Wild' or any other book related to the story.
James_kerr

This book made me reevaluate my life.

Postby James_kerr » Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:31 pm

Chris shows a great deal of courage. His strong mentality going into the journey makes some people believe that he can do it. As I read this book it gives courage to go out and have confidence in whatever I do. His ability to stay brave is incredible. But it also shows that he may have a problem in his past life with his parents. Which he did. He maybe a little crazy but he still is an amazing person for trying what he wanted to do. Pursuing something like that takes a great deal or physical and mental strength.

WbhsGuzman

Re: This book made me reevaluate my life.

Postby WbhsGuzman » Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:43 pm

It takes a lot to go out in the wild just like Chris did. In my opinion Chris walking into the wild without money can teach you how money isn't all that important and you don't need it every second of everyday. I want to go on a journey to have lessons learned. To be able to go out there and just truly find yourself without people ruining it.

Wbhscole

Postby Wbhscole » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:20 pm

I feel the exact same! my teacher is making us read this and im glad he did becuase it makes me realize how materialistic i am but then again it always makes me realize how thankful i am that i have this stuff just like McCandless had when he was growing up. :D

Wbhsjchang

Postby Wbhsjchang » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:32 pm

Reading "into the wild" encourages me to do what I want to do. It's my life, not anyone else's. I think that's how Chris saw it. He didn't care what people had to say about him just a long as he was living life the way he wanted, everything was okay. Of course, you can't do all things by yourself. You must think things through. Chris was just brave enough to believe in the people who hitchhiked him to not hurt him.

Return to “Discussions on the Book”