has the magic bus been moved?

Here you can comment on the book 'Into The Wild' or any other book related to the story.
jenny-intothewild

has the magic bus been moved?

Postby jenny-intothewild » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:34 pm

I heard that the bus has been moved because visiters to the bus keeps game away from the area, is this true?

WbhsGuzman

Re: has the magic bus been moved?

Postby WbhsGuzman » Tue Apr 01, 2014 4:37 pm

From a post someone else put up apparently the bus is at the same spot. They did put the replica in Healy so hikers could go see that one instead of the real one bc it's way to dangerous to hike up there. Another reason why they moved the bus was bc hunters were scared the hikers were scaring the game away.

SteveSalmon

Re: has the magic bus been moved?

Postby SteveSalmon » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:06 am

Actually Guzman the movie prop bus is located at a bar in Healy. The story, from what I understand of it is, the owner(s) of the bar discovered the bus and purchased it from the salvage yard in Cantwell. The owner(s) figured he could use the replica bus to draw more attention to his bar. I'm not certain of where the owner(s) of the bar stands with the story but, they did put a donation box for Chris' foundation outside of it.
The real bus 142 is still 20 miles out there on the Stampede Trail. Barely, but, it is, indeed, still there. It's become the repeated victim of vandalism especially the last few years. I hiked out there solo in July of 2010 and again last summer with a journalist from Outside Magazine. Sadly there is less and less of the bus each time I go out there. It's a great hike though.

~Steve Salmon

Return to “Discussions on the Book”