Book(s)

Here you can comment on the book 'Into The Wild' or any other book related to the story.
aykut

Re: Book(s)

Postby aykut » Fri Jun 04, 2010 6:58 am

thank you very much for list. i was find this list everyday and i found now in this site.
and i kiss all friend in the this site.

I HAVE HAD A HAPPY LIFE AND
THANK THE LORD GOODBYE AND MAY
GOOD BLESS ALL !!!

- aykut

diamond

Postby diamond » Fri Jun 25, 2010 6:51 am

GoNorth wrote:
ScoutmasterTroop11 wrote:Why did he have more books than survival gear??? Just a question...

Probably because he considered it rather as a philosophical or spiritual thing than a survival trip. I suppose?

Clever answer, guy. I have the same thought with you

stilltrekker

Postby stilltrekker » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:41 pm

[quote="Mr Verdant Green"] “But this was by design. [Chris] believed that if you're going to have an adventure and you know the outcome, it's not an adventure. It's not a challenge. So he cut it down to the bare minimum that he thought he would need to survive.”

Whoever said youth is realistic? I remember when I thought I would built a log cabin--all from scratch with hand tools, of course--live there and raise my kids, grow all my own food, raise the cotton and wool to make all our clothes, and even write all our own books! The biggest difference between me and Chris is that I fantasized about this rustic life, and Chris just went out there and tried to do it, his way, ready or not.

RockHead

Postby RockHead » Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:22 am

I also remember the book mentions that he was carrying a book by Robert Pirsig. I can not remember which one of his travels it is associated with. Does anyone know which Pirsig book it was?

GoNorth

Postby GoNorth » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:24 am

RockHead wrote:I also remember the book mentions that he was carrying a book by Robert Pirsig. I can not remember which one of his travels it is associated with. Does anyone know which Pirsig book it was?

It seems that was one of the books found in the bus. So it's not even sure whether it was Chris who brought it there, or this other guy Jeff, see: http://www.christophermccandless.info/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3343

Return to “Discussions on the Book”