His journal

Here you can comment on the book 'Into The Wild' or any other book related to the story.
alyssabrown16

Re: His journal

Postby alyssabrown16 » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:24 pm

I believe chris kept a journal as a semi "secret" way of communicating with his family. Since he couldn't bring himself to speaking on the phone or writing his parents. Writing his journal would be a way for them to know what he was thinking or feeling. Since he was so close with his sister this could have been a way of closure for her. Also he could of been thinking this could be a way to keep his story going if something were to happen to him. For something for those wanting to do the same to read and understand what your put through.
Alyssa b.

LDama

Re: His journal

Postby LDama » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:01 pm

Most of McCandless' Journals are about the animals he saw and he wrote a lot of letters to keep in touch to his sister. If I was Mccandless my journals would be mostly about how I'm feeling in almost every moment through my experience. I would also write about the Animals I saw and how they reacted if they saw me and what their characteristics look like. I would also talk about the plants and how they look and what colors they are and how they are different from other plants. I would describe the scenary i saw each day and how I felt about it.

Return to “Discussions on the Book”