Walt and Billie McCandless book/DVD Tour

Here you can comment on the book 'Into The Wild' or any other book related to the story.
mangymarmot

Walt and Billie McCandless book/DVD Tour

Postby mangymarmot » Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:04 am

I recently went to his parent’s new book/DVD tour “Back to the Wild”. I didn’t know what to expect but I was disgusted at what I saw and heard. I could only sit through 30 minutes of his father’s slide show before I got up and walked out. I realized there was a clueless man on stage trying to convince the audience that he understood his dead son through pictures and letters that they had found. The whole production was the exact opposite of what Chris would have wanted, especially, put together by the people that didn’t understand him the most. He ran from these people.

pezar

Re: Walt and Billie McCandless book/DVD Tour

Postby pezar » Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:52 pm

There's a TOUR now???? Anything to milk Chris's tale for money, right? Walt McCandless is the one person who made Chris run away, and from what I've read, he STILL has yet to accept responsibility. Chris would be disgusted too. I mean, he turned his back on the whole materialism thing, but it got him in the end. "We are the Materialist Borg, you WILL be assimilated!" In a society that sees nothing wrong with copyrighting the portraits of communists such as Che Guevara (not that Che was a saint, he wasn't, but he definitely would have loathed people making money off him) I guess we can expect no less, or more, from people than to cash in. It's disgusting. This and Animal Planet Channel of all places trying to milk the "20th anniversary" for money. It sucks.

goombla

Postby goombla » Sat Dec 10, 2011 4:12 am

id kinda like to see it. just to see his family. any chance itll be in NY??

mangymarmot

Postby mangymarmot » Sat Dec 10, 2011 3:45 pm

What you'll see is his dad talking about Chris' adventure in power point form. He also explains what and where some of the new photos were taken. His mom sat at a table and listened. His sister and other siblings from another woman were not there. The talk might have went another direction after I walked out. I was too disgusted and shocked to stay any longer. The point I'm making is the man who knew about Chris' later life least was the story teller of a life he knew little about. What I know is Chris didn't want anything to do with his dad or the life style his family was living. A nation wide book/DVD tour with his mom and dad was probably not in his future.

CabinLife

Postby CabinLife » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:01 am

mangymarmot wrote:What you'll see is his dad talking about Chris' adventure in power point form. He also explains what and where some of the new photos were taken. His mom sat at a table and listened. His sister and other siblings from another woman were not there. The talk might have went another direction after I walked out. I was too disgusted and shocked to stay any longer. The point I'm making is the man who knew about Chris' later life least was the story teller of a life he knew little about. What I know is Chris didn't want anything to do with his dad or the life style his family was living. A nation wide book/DVD tour with his mom and dad was probably not in his future.

yeah i totally agree!! feel free to email me on here :) good thoughts :D

Return to “Discussions on the Book”