The new Book

Here you can comment on the book 'Into The Wild' or any other book related to the story.
goombla

Re: The new Book

Postby goombla » Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:09 pm

i want it so bad, but its not in stores is it?

solovoyager

Postby solovoyager » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:20 pm

Are you talking about Back to the Wild? I think it is only being sold on-line through Amazon.

goombla

Postby goombla » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:49 pm

Yeah that's what I noticed :( I have no credit card haha.

nagro

Postby nagro » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:10 pm

i was lucky enough to find the book at my library. i think the book is great because you can really see where chris went and what he did. i find that when i read books i always imagine them differently then what the author had in mind.[like what the characters and scenery look like etc.] i know into the wild is nonfiction, but i felt the same way with this book. it removes the world you imagined that chris was in and really shows it. it also shows places that were only briefly mentioned in the book. it is in chronological order too so you can clearly see the route chris took. overall the book is really good, but i kinda wish it had more pictures of scenery, alot of the pictures are of the people chris met. i didnt find the text to biased, it was mainly descriptions what chris was doing when he took each photo. if your an into the wild :ugeek: this book is for you.

Return to “Discussions on the Book”