How Courageous...

Here you can comment on the book 'Into The Wild' or any other book related to the story.
bbucynski

How Courageous...

Postby bbucynski » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:19 pm

I highly admire the idea as a whole that was Christopher McCandless'. To be able to give all your money away and leave all your possessions behind and go on to something completely foreign and exteremely terrifying is awe inspiring. People are always afraid of anything new and unknow, that is natural, but I believe deep down inside we all long for a change of some sort. To be able to have the courage to truely pull out of the routine in your life, is amazing. Some skeptics may say Christopher's actions were stupid but in realilty we all have a dream of that nature, we could only imagine accomplishing.

naturelover24

Re: How Courageous...

Postby naturelover24 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 1:00 am

I very much agree with you buddy! following your dreams takes strength and courage... the wilingness to part from the conventional, boring lifestyle that everyone else lives these days in their offices (early grave). good thoughts! :D

morghanchiesa1

Postby morghanchiesa1 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:59 pm

I also believe Chris was very courageous, he's a very brave man for being able to ditch everything. leaving behind all his money, and possessions. You have to be a very strong person to be able to leave behind all of your friends and family to live life on your own, and begin a massive travel to the place of your dreams. But then again, i think he was selfish. i think the fact of him leaving his friends and family without any contact or notice was very selfish. As if he had the confidence to believe he was going to survive outside in the wilderness, without any food or pretection, and survive. But then again that must be the effect the wilderness has on the imagination, it's extraordinary.
Last edited by morghanchiesa1 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shmeldner

Postby shmeldner » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:28 pm

Hello, I'm 17 years old and still in high school so I don't know much about following your dreams but i do know how hard it is to camp out for a while with nothing but a few supplies and a couple pair of clothes. I know that a lot of people will say that Chris was stupid for even going out to Alaska but they only say that because his dream if very much different then theirs. I do agree wit you that Chris was very brave and courageous just to leave everything he knew behind him. It must be very hard to follow your dream, and again, I'm only 17 and I'm still in high school so I have no clue how hard it can be to follow your dream even though it looked very easy when Chris did it.

Return to “Discussions on the Book”