The Vagabond Lifestyle...

Here you can comment on the book 'Into The Wild' or any other book related to the story.
naturelover24

The Vagabond Lifestyle...

Postby naturelover24 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:47 am

careers, careers, careers. it's all we hear about by the time we reach our 20s. "what career path are you taking?" blah blah blah. i digress, life is too short to be wasting your life in a cubicle for 40 years then having 20 years before you die. life should be about following your destiny. I believe i'm here to travel the world as a vagabond, or a backpacker with no home.

what do you want to do?

Anewanddifferentsun

Re: The Vagabond Lifestyle...

Postby Anewanddifferentsun » Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:25 am

Then do it, but remember to implore others with respect and dignity. Reach into their hearts rather than beat them over the head. True change begins within. If we can't change how we feel, how can we expect to change the feelings of others? I carry a message that traverses thousands of years and one that flies beyond an abandoned bus on the edge of the Denali wilderness. Let it continue flying.

naturelover24

Postby naturelover24 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:05 am

thousands of years? huh? hahah

Anewanddifferentsun

Postby Anewanddifferentsun » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:39 am

Believe it or not, there are basic philosophical and religious ideals that go back thousands of years.

pezar

Postby pezar » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:52 pm

I want to live out in a trailer in the desert, and raise my own food, and maybe take some odd jobs to pay whatever bills come up. I don't think people will take kindly to vagabonds during the next decade or so. It will be like the Grapes of Wrath (book, not movie), there will be millions on the road and people in the towns will be too occupied with their own survival to feed a hobo. There will be few people traveling the roads as well, except for vagabonds, so there will be few people to pick up a hitchhiker. It will be totally different from Chris's time, more like the Great Depression. It may end in a war so horrifying that it destroys most of humanity. I want to be close enough to a town that I enjoy the benefits of such, without being part of the "office politics" of a small town. Such hermits have generally been far more respected historically than vagabonds. I do want to get out of the cities, people in cities will suffer greatly.

naturelover24

Postby naturelover24 » Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:15 am

very true PEZAR. cities are the death of people! they get consumed in routine and passion-less living that they begin sleepwalking through life!! live with passion and love!

JesusIsLove777

Postby JesusIsLove777 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:54 am

SO TRUE MY MAN!! wow anybody else want to be a VAGABOND as their life??

jlawson

Postby jlawson » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:16 pm

Sounds great i agree with both the living as self supportive as possible out there! and the hit the road plan! sadly england takes poorly to vagabonds :-( this country is becoming a prison! you guys are so lucky bein in a country where you can still be free. good luck to you all, whichever route you take. :-)

JesusIsLove777

Postby JesusIsLove777 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 10:43 pm

OH YEAH, MAY YE VAGABONDS ASSEMBLE! WE need to get together y'all AMERICANS :) haha for realz tho :) im in my early 20s hit me up!

JesusIsLove777

Postby JesusIsLove777 » Sat May 14, 2011 1:16 pm

any other vagabond dreamers out there??

Return to “Discussions on the Book”