The Vagabond Lifestyle...

Here you can comment on the book 'Into The Wild' or any other book related to the story.
Pathlesswoods<3

Re: The Vagabond Lifestyle...

Postby Pathlesswoods<3 » Sat May 21, 2011 10:21 pm

It is my biggest dream to become a vagabond and just travel but im a girl so its a bit more dangerous for me to go alone. Anyone interested in going with me??? message me if you are. I have been thinking about this for so long and I really want to do this. :)

jake4812

Postby jake4812 » Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:34 pm

around 1 year from now I'll be travelling to ohio for around 2 weeks..to live the vagabond lifestyle.. once Im there I'll buy a mini van and travel around america.. if anybody lives around ohio & wants to hook up let me now. Im just planting seeds.. im 17 almost 18.

Magic_Don

Postby Magic_Don » Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:21 pm

You never know what will happen in life, but signs may be pointing to me doing the same. I'm out near Los Angeles. Let's make a network of people and caravan!
Rather than love, than money, than faith, than fame, than fairness... give me truth.

freeSpirit

Postby freeSpirit » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:08 pm

thats awesome jake... i don't know why more people don't live this way ugh. conformity is a mother. :/ ... :)

freeSpirit

Postby freeSpirit » Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:53 pm

sounds like the life to me :)

freeSpirit

Postby freeSpirit » Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:26 am

anyone hitchhiked or trainhopped?/ i'd love to do both! :) i think its a fallacy that hitchhiking is a "death threat" or serial killers will come out and kill you and all that crap haha, thoughts??

Magic_Don

Postby Magic_Don » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:57 am

freeSpirit wrote:anyone hitchhiked or trainhopped?/ i'd love to do both! :) i think its a fallacy that hitchhiking is a "death threat" or serial killers will come out and kill you and all that crap haha, thoughts??

Honestly, I imagine you're just as likely to be killed on purpose hitch hiking as you are walking to the local 7-11. Either place you may find amazing people, and both places you can find angry, spiteful people.
Rather than love, than money, than faith, than fame, than fairness... give me truth.

freeSpirit

Postby freeSpirit » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:40 pm

yeah thats so true 'magicdon'... i know people who have hitchhike all around the country 10 times over and never had any death threats or anything remotely dangerous... just occasionally some odd people.. but hey were all weird!!! being unique and different is cool, who wants to be normal? but it is important to keep precautions and carry a knife JUST in case. safety first for sure.

Magic_Don

Postby Magic_Don » Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:52 pm

Definitely true. Even on my very basic hikes, I always carry my knife. You never know, from being attacked by a person or animal, just just needing it to free something, or aide yourself in some manner.

I have noticed, that while in stores, and shopping centers, I come across a lot "angrier" people that most places. Whenever I hike, people are usually courteous, and greet you in some way. But, I've seen people almost knock small children over so they can get to McDonald's faster.

airyk

Postby airyk » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:07 am

You can do career and vagabond. I do one year of work then 1 year of vagabond exploration. My career is going well and the people I work with appreciate my many stories of crisscrossing the world. Don't be afraid to try both. The more you experience, the more you live.

Return to “Discussions on the Book”