Chris Had A DESTINY

Here you can comment on the book 'Into The Wild' or any other book related to the story.
naturelover24

Chris Had A DESTINY

Postby naturelover24 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:23 am

Chris, whether he lived for God or not, had a destiny. Gods plan for chris' life was, i believe with my whole heart, to have his story, and death, be a deep inspiration to people to show them that life isnt about your job or your money or possessions, but rather about passion, nature, people, and TRUTH! I believe truth comes from God, but to each His/her own. Since chris died, there has been a high selling book and major film about him, and has inspired me, and many, many others, to spark the affinity for nature and adventure inside of us all. to explore the lands and live life fully, and to love fully!

anyone have thoughts??

Anewanddifferentsun

Re: Chris Had A DESTINY

Postby Anewanddifferentsun » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:15 am

I do not believe there is a question about Chris's belief in a higher power, for he mentions God in his letter to Ron Franz, whom we now know as Russell Fritz, a man who, in part, recognized Chris' philosophy about living. It's all around us, but so many of us choose not to see it. We're so hung up with this obsession with the afterlife that we fail to see the gift within our hands at this moment. Living now leads to breathing later.

naturelover24

Postby naturelover24 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:00 am

definitley man!! that is SOO SO SOO SO TRUE!! WE need to wake up and LIVE NOW!! :) :D how old are ya?

JesusIsLove777

Postby JesusIsLove777 » Tue May 24, 2011 4:48 am

any other thoughts on Gods plan for Chris??

Magic_Don

Postby Magic_Don » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:12 am

You know, I've thought of this many times.

Chris' story is heartbreaking, and sad, in the way it ended so soon, and him so young.

BUT. When you think about it, imagine if he lived on, and was still here today. There's a good chance none of us would know who he is, whether he stayed in a vagabond style life, or returned to society in some shape or form.

Him dying, and his story before has touched me more deeply than anything, ever. It opened my eyes to what was wrong in my life. I no longer fear losing my job, or being out of work. I know there is so much more to life.

The only bad thing, personally, is that I now feel trapped in the city.

But I'll gladly accept that, for the enlightenment he has given me.
Rather than love, than money, than faith, than fame, than fairness... give me truth.

corey

Postby corey » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:31 pm

I think Chris had a huge impact on society. If he would have lived, we would not be reading Into the Wild today. Instead, even though Chris’s death is a huge tragedy, he had a huge impact on society through this novel by John Krakaur. I think Chris is somewhat of a role model for teens today because of his strong confidence and strength. However, I think Chris’s journey has also taught teens that it can be normal to take a short hiatus from society. It also shows the dangers of this though, and is a warning for teens to be careful about what they are getting themselves into, and not to be overly cocky.

Ger87

Postby Ger87 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:37 pm

I completely disagree. Why is god getting the credit for a man being inspirational.
Chris took this trip for no other reasons than to find himself and inadvertently inspired people.
If this was gods plan why would the big wigs behind producing the film and publishing the book be lining there pockets with money made from the proceeds. If gods path was too show how we as people are greedy then he has a funny way of showing it.
I'm delighted that people are inspired by this story as I am. But lets congratulate Chris for his courage to take on such an endeavour.

I hope god doesn't have a plan for me. I'm happy living.

Andrew Morgan

Postby Andrew Morgan » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:46 pm

I definitely agree that Chris did indeed have a plan for his destiny. But i feel that primarily he took this big adventure for his own personal experience. I base this on how he wrote very small passages in his notes, and didn't describe things very much. This would be for the sole purpose of him to be able to look back on it and be able to remember, not for someone else to look at them and try to decipher what he really meant.

punklovr182

Postby punklovr182 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:24 pm

I have been deeply affected by this book. Just like Chris I tried to runaway from my family, but instead of living off the wild I just moved out of state. God definitely had a plan for Chris and I agree with most people, it's so sad that Chris died so young, but he died for a reason. He not only reunited his parents due to his disappearance but he also inspired the friends along the way. He made a long lasting impression on everyone he met along the road. And that legacy continues. I found the book Into The Wild at a garage sale, I never heard about Chris never mind that I was only 5 at the time when he died. The book screamed at me especially after reading the paragraph on the front cover. I was almost done reading the book when I was casually browsing in the video store and saw that there was a movie! I freaked out and rented it. Both movie and book are something I share with everyone. If Chris did make it back to society I def don't think he would have made such an impact, his death is his legacy. He definitely taught me something, to not run away and to face head on your fears. Thank you Chris, may he rest in peace.

Return to “Discussions on the Book”