wondering about the new dvd

Here you can comment on the book 'Into The Wild' or any other book related to the story.
ellisd

wondering about the new dvd

Postby ellisd » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:21 am

While thinking about and anticipating Chris' new book and dvd, I got to wondering what kinda of footage would be on the dvd. maybe footage at the bus, or of the places where he took pauses from tramping. but what i really hope would be included in the dvd is the footage Ron Franz shot while taking chris to Grand junction, colorado. [march 13, 1992 around 45 days before going 'into the wild']. It's said that [in mr. krakauers book] while on the way there, Ronald Franz did capture moments with chris on film. at one point in krakauers book he puts down a bit of dialog from the video. i think it would be incredible to see chris on video, alive, happy and excited on his way to his great alaskan adventure. even if it's not included in the new dvd, I have no doubt i will still greatly appreciate and enjoy it.

admin
Site Admin

Re: wondering about the new dvd

Postby admin » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:45 am

Very good point, I will look into it...

ellisd

Postby ellisd » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:11 pm

thank you admin!

naturelover24

Postby naturelover24 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:21 pm

YES!! that would be amazing!! :) :D :D :D : D:D :D :D : :D : D: D: D: D:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D : D:D :D : D:D :D :D : D:D :D :D :D: D:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D:D :D:D :D :D :D :D :D :D:D : D:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D : D:D : D:D :D :D:D :D :D :D :D :D:D :D

ellisd

Postby ellisd » Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:58 am

i think you might ALMOST be excited as I am for the new dvd and book lol :)

solovoyager

Postby solovoyager » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:01 am

ellisd wrote:While thinking about and anticipating Chris' new book and dvd, I got to wondering what kinda of footage would be on the dvd. maybe footage at the bus, or of the places where he took pauses from tramping. but what i really hope would be included in the dvd is the footage Ron Franz shot while taking chris to Grand junction, colorado. [march 13, 1992 around 45 days before going 'into the wild']. It's said that [in mr. krakauers book] while on the way there, Ronald Franz did capture moments with chris on film. at one point in krakauers book he puts down a bit of dialog from the video. i think it would be incredible to see chris on video, alive, happy and excited on his way to his great alaskan adventure. even if it's not included in the new dvd, I have no doubt i will still greatly appreciate and enjoy it.

I seem to recall seeing a Nightline or 20/20 episode (ABC News programs) years and years ago that showed some of this footage of Chris alive. I feel like it was the footage Ron Franz/Russell Fritz shot.....? Like I said this was many years ago - and not the Nightline episode that showed around the time of the Sean Penn film "Into The Wild". I do wonder if this will be on the new DVD "Back To The Wild"?

ellisd

Postby ellisd » Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:55 pm

i doubt it would be in the DVD, but would be pleasently surprised if it was.

erikhalfacre

Postby erikhalfacre » Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:34 am

It won't be, according to one of the people on the team. It was mentioned in the 'Back to the Wild' Facebook feed by Kimberly Moss, a photographer that helped with the book.

Too bad. Would have been interesting to see.
Erik Halfacre - Moderator
info@pathfinderalaska.com
http://www.stampedetrail.info

ellisd

Postby ellisd » Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:23 pm

i figured as much.

solovoyager

Postby solovoyager » Sun Jul 17, 2011 11:59 pm

Still awaiting word on the release date of the Back To The Wild DVD. Obviously the predicted release or purchase date (beginning of July) mentioned on the Back To The Wild website is inaccurate.

Return to “Discussions on the Book”