The Book Was a Most Amazing Find

Here you can comment on the book 'Into The Wild' or any other book related to the story.
fredmcain

The Book Was a Most Amazing Find

Postby fredmcain » Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:39 pm

It was perhaps a year or so ago that my son in law told me about a really fascinating book that he'd just read. He described it about a guy who'd gone out in the wilderness and lived in an old bus. Sadly, it did not have a happy ending.

SO, when we were at their house, I leafed through the book briefly (Into the Wild) and resolved to get a copy myself. I ordered a hard cover copy of it on Amazon which was subsequently lost in the mail. After a year went by, I tried again to get this book and was successful this time.

This is the kind of book that you can read, add to your library, then after a while read it again. I'm so glad I found it. It is completely obvious that Jon Krakauer bent over backwards and did a lot of heavy research and it shows.

I don't think that Chris was crazy or suicidal or anything like that. It kinda sounded to me like he was enjoying himself immensely before he got sick. My opinion on this is simply that the whole thing was a most unfortunate and tragic accident.

Regards,
Fred M. Cain,
Topeka, IN

ulkeke

Re: The Book Was a Most Amazing Find

Postby ulkeke » Tue Nov 28, 2023 11:00 am

I agree with you that he was not crazy or suicidal, but rather a young man who wanted to experience nature and freedom in his own way. I also admire the author’s extensive research and writing style. He not only retraced Chris’s steps and interviewed people who knew him, but also shared his own personal stories and insights about the allure and dangers of the wild.

Return to “Discussions on the Book”