Wayne Westerberg

There is a new book by Carine called The Wild Truth. There will be, no doubt, a lot of talk about this book and its contents, so thought I would create a new category for it.
pgcotype

Re: Wayne Westerberg

Postby pgcotype » Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:06 pm

marcym wrote:Hi,

Marco I don't think so...I mean Chris did not like at all when his father was aggressive with his mother, he never got used on that...have you read the book? If not please do it, also in Carine's book this point is absolutely clear. For him was important the respect toward others, he was sensitive and attentive a person who cares about others.

The point is that maybe what Carine wrote in her book about Wayne it's not necessarily something usual but maybe just an episode.

M.

Hi Marcy,
Like Chris and Carine, I grew up with a father with alcoholism. From what I've been told, Dad was physically violent with my mother before I was born. On the other hand, I have three sisters who are several years older than I, so they witnessed some of it. Two of them have had relationships with lots of physical abuse; it was "normalized" for them...but of course it's far from normal!

I hope that Carine escaped both the genetic predisposition to alcoholism (I've been in recovery for many years, but my older sister hasn't) and tolerating any kind of abuse in her relationships.

Return to “The Wild Truth by Carine McCandless”