Hamilton Submitted Paper

An interesting topic as there seems to be a lot of theories.
fredmerlin

Hamilton Submitted Paper

Postby fredmerlin » Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:31 pm

Woah!! I love this article! Thank you, Ron Hamilton, for this, AND two very important (to me...) points made. One: your instinct initially kicking in, back when you leafed through the pages of the 'new' Into The Wild novel, and 2: you, actually, 'listening' to Chris' words in his journal. It was the seeds that were the culprit all along. This was my inital feeling, too, especially when I read his journal. 'Fault pot seeds'... We sometimes look for things that aren't there, ignoring facts. And many facts are right there, in Chris' own words. Very telling, very chilling. Thank you for the scientific proof. It is all very interesting.
Last edited by fredmerlin on Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Pescado

Re: Hamilton Submitted Paper

Postby Pescado » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:50 am

This discovery seems to be the missing piece of the puzzle. It explains basically all of the biggest "unknowns" - ie: why he did not hike out, why he did not cross the river, why he wrote that he was too weak to walk, why he was "trapped", etc. It also offers an explanation on his starvation; the fact that he was not mobile and could not hunt or forage effectively. It would also explain his note asking to be helped: if he was paralyzed, or partially paralyzed, he might still be able to hobble around looking for berries, but would desperately need assistance hiking the 20 miles out of the area.

fredmerlin

Postby fredmerlin » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:15 am

With all the views on this subject, you'd think there would be more discussion on the Hamilton Paper. It IS worth the time to read. We all want to know what has really happened here...this explanation comes the closest. We know that Chris was conditioned physically and mentally to push and test himself in the wild, with little food and extreme physical activity. I think those seeds messed with him, physically and mentally, especially after the moose incident, and attempting to come back to civilization. The movie may have come closest to what really went on here....although he may NOT have mistaken WHAT he was ingesting, but that it was the seed of the plant, in late summer, its chemical composition changing as it went to seed, that really did knock him down.

e.man

Postby e.man » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:12 am

I know the link to the Hamilton paper is on the homepage but neither the intro nor the link actually say 'Hamilton'. direct access : http://www.christophermccandless.info/Ronald-Hamilton/ronald-hamilton-intothewild1.html

PasoPedro

Postby PasoPedro » Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:06 am

The Hamilton Submitted Paper is like a window into the final days of Christopher's life. I totally agree that more people need to investigate the protein neurotoxin ODAP as the symptoms match the clues he left behind. What is really compelling is his note he left when he went out foraging, where he pleads for whomever reads it to stay that he is in dire need of help - injured, near death, and too weak to walk out. The injured part really grabs me here. What would make him injured? He had to be nearly paralyzed. That is way too close to the protein neurotoxin symptoms to simply just cast aside. What is even more tragic is that people around the world are suffering just like he did and no one is doing anything to stop it. It is so extremely sad.
"Our destinies are the culmination of all the choices we've made along the way, which is why it's imperative to listen hard to your inner voice when it speaks up. Don't let anyone else's noise drown it out." -Megan McCaffarty

Return to “Discussions on why Chris passed away...”